What should I expect?
Trainees gain experience in a training program using online training and real-time coaching feedback sessions. During this training you will have the opportunity to meet the requirements to become an OASIS Parent Training coach. As an OASIS Parent Training coach, you are able to implement the OASIS Parent Training Program with the families you serve.
What do I need for the training?
You will need the following equipment:
- High-speed internet connection
- Computer with operating system Windows 7,8,10 or Mac 10.11 and above
- Speakers or headphones to hear audio broadcast
- Updated Adobe Flash player
- A PDF reader software, such as Adobe Reader
- A supported browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
NOTE: Tablets and mobile devices are not supported for reviewing the online training modules.
Training will address the following objectives:
- Objective 1 – to train persons to accurately score and interpret data specific to OASIS Parent Training Program to fidelity
- Objective 2 – to train persons to provide effective feedback to parents of children with autism based on the principles of Applied Behavior analysis and the guidelines outlined in the OASIS Parent Training Program
- Objective 3 – to train persons to deliver OASIS Parent Training to increase the skills of parents of young children with autism and other developmental disabilities and to increase their ability to teach socially appropriate behavior in home and community settings
How will my performance be measured?
Performance in the course will be assessed using the following performance measures:
- Online Training
- Skill Competency/Coach Statement Reliability Scoring
- Effective Feedback Training
- Session Fidelity