What will I receive in training?
The OASIS Provider Training Program give trainees a general understanding and working knowledge of evidence-based behavioral strategies to provide early intervention services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and other Developmental Disabilities. Trainees also will receive an intensive training experience consisting of online training modules, interactive lecture, and hands-on training with a child with ASD in a clinic setting. All trainings offered meet the State of Kansas’ training requirements and participants who complete the training will receive a certificate of completion.
What are the types of training?
We offer three different training levels through OASIS.
Direct Service Provider (DSP): This three-day training meets the State of Kansas’ training requirements for the Intensive Individual Support Provider and is based on the RBT task list.
Behavioral Specialist (BS): This two-day training meets the State of Kansas’ training requirement for an Autism Specialist.
Online Introduction to ASD & Behavioral Treatment: This is an online only training that meets the State of Kansas’ training requirements for Respite and Parent Support Providers.
Who should attend?
- Direct Service Providers, Behavior Specialists, Consultants
- Clinical Professionals (Physical/Occupational Therapists, Audiologists, Speech, Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers)
- Educational Professionals/School Personnel
What topics will be covered?
Content topics include:
- Introduction to autism and behavioral treatment
- Measuring and recording data
- Principles of behavior
- Stimulus control
- Conducting teaching sessions
- Teaching social-communication skills with typical peers
- Decreasing behaviors
- Determining the function of behavior
- Decreasing behaviors using consequences
- Team meetings and wrap around services